message from the Principal
Welcome to Christ the King School! It is my hope that as you navigate around our new web site you will get a sense of the joy, compassion and commitment to Catholic education we have here at Christ the King.
At Christ the King we are committed to educating the whole child in mind, body and spirit. This complete education has our Catholic Faith always at the center of everything we do. We are focused on creating a learning environment that is filled with engagement, compassion and challenge. It is a real blessing to be surrounded by such a dedicated faculty and staff committed to excellence in the classroom.
Ever since its founding in 1937 with the Grey Nuns of the Sacred Heart, Christ the King School has tirelessly worked to be sure that all children are well formed and prepared. Along With our long storied history of more than eight decades, it is very exciting to add to that history by moving forward with the opening of our new Hyland Center. This state of the art facility is a beautiful blend of the old and new and will be a game changer for all students especially for our middle school students.
It is my hope and prayer that you will visit our amazing school and experience what I am blessed to experience every day: a learning environment committed to Christ filled with love, compassion and care for all children.
Peter F Schultz
Priority of Acceptance
1) All currently enrolled students who have reregistered by the due date, unless the school has determined that the child may not return for the following year. The school reserves the right to reconsider and retract renewal of admission after the due date if, between the date of reregistration and the beginning of the following school year, situations are discovered which are in serious violation of school policies and which, had they occurred or been discovered earlier, would have led to the student not receiving reregistration forms.
2) Catholic students whose Catholic siblings are currently enrolled in the school.
3) Students from the host parish.
4) Catholic students from parishes in the Archdiocese without a Catholic school.
5) Catholic students transferring from an out-of-town catholic School.
6) Catholic students from parishes with a Catholic school.
7) Catholic students from other Catholic schools.
8) Students of other religious affiliations.
Unusual circumstances not covered by the previous priorities shall be at the discretion of the principal or designee.
Enrollment and Class Size
Christ the King School provides classes at the following levels: kindergarten, pre-first, and grades one through eight. The target class size for K-6 is 22. Exceptional circumstances may necessitate an increase or decrease in the class size. Grades seven and eight may exceed 22 per class.
Friday, November 1, 2019
2019-2020 Application available online
Sunday, November 10, 2019
2:00 – 4:00 pm Hyland Center
Principal's presentation will begin at 2:00 pm in the Hyland Center Gym, followed by Parent Ambassador guided tours.
RSVP by November 8, 2019
Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Prospective Kindergarten Parent Coffee
9:30 am Hyland Center
*RSVP to email@example.com by January 4, 2020
Friday, January 31, 2020
Applications received after the deadline are handled on an
individual basis and are reviewed when they are complete.
Monday, February 10, 2020
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday, February 28, 2020
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Monday, March 2, 2020
Tuition Assistance forms due to FACTS
Monday, March 2, 2020
GRACE Scholarship forms due to CKS
Friday, April 3, 2020
Decision letters mailed
Saturday, April 4, 2020
Acceptance e-mail notification
Thursday, April 16, 2020
New student response deadline 2:00 pm
Wednesday, May 6, 2020
Newcomers' Coffee 9:00 am (for parents and new students)
Christ the King School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at archdiocesan schools. Christ the King School shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.
To enroll at Christ the King, a student must be current with all immunizations in compliance with the State of Georgia. We do not recognize an exemption based upon matter of conscience/religious exemption; a medical exemption provided by the child's pediatrician documenting a medical contraindication will be accepted.