Our online application for the 2021-2022 school year will be available November 1, 2020.
When is my application complete?
Applications area considered complete once the online application has been submitted, the application fee has been paid, and all supplemental documents have been received. Only applicants with complete applications will be considered for admission.
Are the evaluation forms and transcripts due by the application deadline?
Please try to have as many supplemental forms submitted by January 31 as you can. We do prefer that teachers complete the evaluations after December 1, so they have time to get to know your student and give an accurate evaluation. Only students with complete files will be considered by the Admissions Committee.
When will my student's screening and observation take place?
Screening for all students will occur in February. Beginning in January, you will be notified of your screening date and time.
How should I prepare my child for the screening process?
The screening process can be very stressful for young children, and CKS wants to keep that stress to a minimum. This is why we tell parents to relax and forgo anything special to prepare their child for the screening process. CKS is focused on the health and development of the whole-child, which is why our admissions team uses a developmental screening tool for kindergarten and rising 1st graders as opposed to an academic or standardized test. More than any other, they have found it to be a reliable measure when predicting future success in school.
The CKS admissions team uses faculty created entrance tests based on the Archdiocesan Standards and school curriculum for rising 2nd-7th graders. Our admissions tests assess student knowledge compared with that of their CKS peers in the same grade level. Applicants do not need to spend any additional time preparing for the entrance exam and should view their visit as a time to learn about the school, ask questions, and get a feel for student life at CKS.
Is there a priority of acceptance?
1) All currently enrolled students who have re-registered by the due date, unless the school has determined that the child may not return for the following year. The school reserves the right to reconsider and retract renewal of admission after the due date if, between the date of re-registration and the beginning of the following school year, situations are discovered which are in serious violation of school policies and which, had they occurred or been discovered earlier, would have led to the student not receiving re-registration forms.
2) Catholic students whose Catholic siblings are currently enrolled in the school.
3) Students from the host parish.
4) Catholic students from parishes in the Archdiocese without a Catholic school.
5) Catholic students transferring from an out-of-town catholic School.
6) Catholic students from parishes with a Catholic school.
7) Catholic students from other Catholic schools.
8) Students of other religious affiliations.
Unusual circumstances not covered by the previous priorities shall be at the discretion of the principal or designee.
When will I know if my student has been accepted?
All decision letters will be mailed on April 2, 2021 and emailed on April 3, 2021, in adherence with the Atlanta Area Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS) guidelines. The deadline for accepted students to secure their spot is 4:00 pm on April 15, 2021. After that time, any unsecured spots will be offered to families on the waiting list.